Digital Belt & Road Science Program (DBAR) was launched in December 2016 to to promote scientific cooperation along the Belt and Road in the areas of geoscience, data, technology, and applications, and to serve the UN’s 2030 sustainable development goals. Prof. JIA Gensuo was elected as member of DBAR Science Committee and co-chair of DBAR-Envi working group.
International Science Council (ICSU) Executive Board appoints Prof. JIA Gensuo to its regional committee for Asia-Pacific （RCAP), one of its three regional committees globally. The ICSU Regional Committees decides on the overall strategy, policy and programme activities for the ICSU Regional Offices.
The Intergovernment Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) initiatives its special report on climate change and land (SRCCL), which is expected to release in late 2019. Professor JIA Gensuo is selected as coordinating lead author for Chapter 2 - land and climate interactions.
APN-START International Training on Ecosystem-Climate Interactions was held from September 8-20, 2014 at CAS Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP) in Beijing. The training was delivered to 16 international young scholars from 14 Asia countries by experts from China, Australia, and USA. Prof. JIA Gensuo, the Director of START TEA, coordinated the training program. Read more ...
Synthesis Book "Towards a Sustainable Asia: Environment and Climate Change" (2012) is published by the Springer-Verlag. Sponsored by the Association of Academies of Sciences in Asia (AASA) and contributed by scientists from 11 Asia academies, the report reviewed and synthesized ongoing and future environmental changes, with guidelines of best practices of adaptation and mitigation in Asia.Professor JIA Gensuo serves as the coordinator and first author of the book. (Download PDF of summary).
- MODIS-based estimates of global terrestrial ecosystem respiration Journal of Geophysical Research – Biogeosciences: 2018, doi: 10.1002/2017JG004107 ,123 ,326-352 Abstract
- Observed and simulated sensitivities of spring greenup to preseason climate Journal of Geophysical Research - Biogeosciences: 2018, doi: 10.1002/2017JG004117 ,123 ,60-78 Abstract
- the Delhi ‘gas chamber’: smog, air pollution and the health emergency of November 2017 Weather: 2018, doi:10.1002/wea.3242 Abstract
- Satellite view of seasonal greenness trends and controls in South Asia Environmental Research Letters: 2018, doi: 10.1088/1748-9326/aaa866 ,13 ,034026 Abstract
- Contrasting responses of grassland water and carbon exchanges to climate change between Tibetan Plateau and Inner Mongolia Agricultural and Forest Meteorology: 2018, doi: 10.1016/j.agrformet.2017.11.034 ,249 ,163-175 Abstract
Updated on:2018-06-18 10:39 Total Visits:37484