The UN Intergovernment Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) launched its special report on climate change and land (SRCCL) on August 8, 2019. Professor JIA Gensuo serves as coordinating lead author for Chapter 2 - land and climate interactions.
Digital Belt & Road Science Program (DBAR) was launched in December 2016 to to promote scientific cooperation along the Belt and Road in the areas of geoscience, data, technology, and applications, and to serve the UN’s 2030 sustainable development goals. Prof. JIA Gensuo was elected as member of DBAR Science Committee and co-chair of DBAR-Envi working group.
International Science Council (ICSU) Executive Board appoints Prof. JIA Gensuo to its regional committee for Asia-Pacific （RCAP), one of its three regional committees globally. The ICSU Regional Committees decides on the overall strategy, policy and programme activities for the ICSU Regional Offices.
APN-START International Training on Ecosystem-Climate Interactions was held from September 8-20, 2014 at CAS Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP) in Beijing. The training was delivered to 16 international young scholars from 14 Asia countries by experts from China, Australia, and USA. Prof. JIA Gensuo, the Director of START TEA, coordinated the training program. Read more ...
Synthesis Book "Towards a Sustainable Asia: Environment and Climate Change" (2012) is published by the Springer-Verlag. Sponsored by the Association of Academies of Sciences in Asia (AASA) and contributed by scientists from 11 Asia academies, the report reviewed and synthesized ongoing and future environmental changes, with guidelines of best practices of adaptation and mitigation in Asia.Professor JIA Gensuo serves as the coordinator and first author of the book. (Download PDF of summary).
- Improving meteorological drought monitoring capability over tropical and subtropical water-limited ecosystems: evaluation and ensemble of the Microwave Integrated Drought Index Environmental Research Letters: 2019 ,14(4) ,044025, doi: 10.1088/1748-9326/ab005e Abstract
- Seasonal and interannual variations in carbon fluxes in East Asia semi-arid grasslands Science of Total Environment: 2019 ,668 ,1128-1138, doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.02.378 Abstract
- Heterogeneous spring phenology shifts affected by climate: supportive evidence from two remotely sensed vegetation indices Environmental Research Communications: 2019 ,1(9) ,091004, doi: 10.1088/2515-7620/ab3d79 Abstract
- The contribution of intensified urbanization effects on surface warming trend in China Theoretical and Applied Climatology: 2019 ,in press ,doi: 10.1007/s00704-019-02892-y Abstract
- Comparison of surface and canopy urban heat islands within megacities of eastern China ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing: 2019 ,156 ,160-168, doi: 10.1016/j.isprsjprs.2019.08.012 Abstract
Updated on:2019-09-08 14:51 Total Visits:43427